19 Things I've Learned In 19 YearsFriday, October 21, 2016
Since I turned 19 last month I thought it would be nice to reflect on the past nineteen years of my life. It was one hell of a ride, here are 19 things I've learned in 19 years :)
1. It's okay to be alone. You don't have to be with your friends or be in a relationship. It's okay to enjoy your own company.
2. Always remember to DO YOU! What makes you happy is what matters. Don't let what other people say get to you.
3. You have to hit rock bottom in order to get back up and start climbing again.
4. Surround yourself with studious people. I can't believe I'm saying this, but studying is fun, when you're with the right people.
5. Stop trying to fix people. It's better not to get involved. It's not selfish, it's what's best for you.
6. Love your worst days. Just remember that even your worst days only have twenty-four hours. By the time you get over it you will just be laughing at the memory of it.
7. Save money.
8. No Guts, No Glory. Trust your instincts. Don't be afraid of failure. It's how we learn. So go out and try something new.
9. Believe, have faith, be hopeful. Believe and have faith in what you do. Be hopeful because there is always hope.
10. Praying helps. It doesn't matter what religion you are in. Just pray and give thanks for all the blessings.
11. You are never wrong to do the right thing.
12. You were given this life because you are strong enough to handle it.
13. Mom is always right.
14. Some days it seems like nothing goes right. Accept the fact that life is sometimes unfair.
15. Everything is a lesson learned so keep moving forward.
16. What you feeling right now is not permanent.
17. Unplanned escapades are the best. Let the current pull you along.
18. Avoid insecurity. We all know that insecurity is a poisonous bitch. It will ruin you and suck the life out of you. It is so much better to remove it from your life and be thankful for what you have.
19. Don't be such a Debbie Downer. Don't be that person who destroys the positive atmosphere.