5 SECONDS OF SUMMER // SOUNDS LIVE FEELS LIVE MANILA

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I can't believe I'm writing this a month after of the concert. 

(Note: Imagine me stating the first part of this paragraph in a very calm voice then crying in the near end) I still can't breathe. I can't believe they REALLY came. After freaking five years, hello Shauna, dreams really do come true. To be honest I've tried my hardest not to do a blog post about the concert because I'm still having a hard time reminiscing what happened that day because every time I do, I get disappointed. WHY DID IT END SO SOON. 

That day started off pretty normal, well, besides the fact that I stayed the night before at my block mates house because we had to do some editing for our project. I was literally excited to go home, change into my concert clothes and yet again lose my concert virginity but this time to 5SOS. 
When I got home and already fixing the things I'll be bringing with me, I realized that I forgot my charger lying on top of the table at my friends house. My excitement turned to hopping mad real quick. I won't share what happened after because it's stupid. Hay Shauna and her stupid problems. 

Fast forward to when we're outside the arena...
I think we arrived three hours early before the actual concert and boy the place was already packed with people. As we walked closer and closer to the arena I felt myself getting notably excited once again. 

This was the moment I had been waiting for. My adrenaline went of the roof. The time had finally come that I would get to see and hear my favorite band play their song live after five years of waiting. 
As we gradually made our way to our correct seat section the first sight I saw was a large arena filled with thousands of people. All the seats inside were full as well as the people in the VIP section. I found myself in a state of amazement because it wasn't until I got to my seat that I finally heard the sound of the speakers pierce my ears —that was a sweet hymn of music that I live for. 

I couldn't take my eyes off the stage. Though was agonizingly too small for my liking giant speakers were all over the place and I was a hundred percent sure that I could still see them. 
As the dark stage was filled with smoke and spotlights flashing through the stage, all of us yelled at the top of our lungs. When we heard the sound of a piano, it was time, the band slowly started their intro. Writing this part gives me goosebumps oh my god no. MEMORIES. PLEASE BRING ME BACK TO SOUNDS LIVE FEELS LIVE MANILA. I wish everyday is #SLFLMNL. 
As the glorious concert went on, they played many of my favorites songs —Disconnected being one of them. I actually almost cried whilst singing it. Soon after I realized that I was actually standing, jumping, singing, crying, shouting stupid things and dancing at a 5SOS concert. It came to a point where I cringed because just last year I was crying for a concert ticket and now I'm with a bunch of strangers having so much fun. 

The level of sound was astronomical. Every time the drum was struck I could feel the repercussion within my chest! The vibration that each music they produced felt like current passing through my body —that literally made me dance and jump like a freaking maniac. 
 When the final song was over and 5 Seconds of Summer was off the stage. The lights abruptly came on. Everyone started to leave the arena. I still wanted to hear more of them live, but just as they had to come out they then left in the same way. 

Obviously it was an awesome experience and I hope that I can attend one again. Is it just me or do you also feel that my blog post is too calm?...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I hope you're having a good day today! Thank you for the wonderful comments xx

INSTAGRAM @ SHAUNALACSON