BATAAN DAY 3

by - Sunday, April 10, 2016



What a lovely day to wake up to! The sun is out and everyone is awake. We surely are very keen to go on a hike for hours on day three! (Note sarcasm). Okay, so we did wake up early (well...kinda) AND we ate breakfast. But to break it down to you we were not freaking inclined to climb a very high mountain. Nevertheless we had to do it for the sake of experience and of course the travel show. After taking turns in bathing, eating breakfast, packing our things, paying the rooms we had rented, took a tricycle and bus ride to Tarac blah blah blah —WE HAVE REACHED THE ENTRANCEWAY OF MOUNT TARAC!!! We were clueless. Bhea and I had to go and talk with the Barangay officials because we weren't exactly well informed on what to do. To the kindhearted young man who drove us to the Barangay, salamat Kuya! Tour guide. We needed a tour guide. Unfortunately it's not safe to go and hike alone especially if you're with your absurd barkada. Thank God someone came and volunteered before we all died of waiting. One of the officials let us leave our heavy travel bags inside their office so we're hassle free while trekking. The only things we brought with us are the important stuff we'll be using. I'm still regretting that we didn't rent a tricycle to drop us off at the REAL starting point of the trek. Damn. I can still remember my breathless self. When we reached the real starting point I already felt the chilliness of the atmosphere. So I wore my jacket, wait no, scratch that, I wore Lester's jacket —that I kindly borrowed because Francis was wearing mine. Initially the trek was going fine; we were still breathing alright and our minds were pretty much determined that we can do it. The trails were very steep, sandy, and full of rocks, huge ones. It was fun at first, but after an hour and a half of walking (more like death march), we couldn't catch our breaths. Believe me when I say that TREKKING IS NOT FUN AT ALL if you're a first timer. All I could do that time was make fun out of our sourpuss selves and laugh at it. I mean there's no point if you're going to be a total bitch about the long trek. Long story short, we made it through the freaking challenges of the damn mountain. Papaya river, finally!!! All that walking, climbing up and down made me drink all of my water so Jessie and I went to the upper part of the river to get some clean H2O. Obviously I wanted to relax my feet from all the walking we did so I removed my shoes and bask for a while. Then I went down to the lake and splashed my feet to the streaming water. Our tour guide gave us an hour and a half to finish our little assignment considering it's already getting late, we wouldn't want to go down on a dark trail. A tad advice when going on a trek: make sure to start early so you wouldn't get rushed to do anything. Though we only had a limited time up there, it was still worth it. The experience was unforgettable and diverting. Too bad we didn't get the chance to climb up Tarac Ridge because according to our tour guide the trail up there is much more harder to swarm especially to us first timers. Ahhh! One for the bucketlist! Tarac Ridge you're up next. Well that's the last of my trip to Bataan! Sorry if the blog contents suck, but the videos I made says it all. See you next timeeee!

You May Also Like

0 comments