INTERVIEW WITH ALYSSA FROM 'FROM CAMPUS WITH LOVE'

by - Friday, June 06, 2014

After days and days of exchanging emails, finally! I'm so glad that I got the chance to do an interview with one of my avidly followed blog. I'm so delighted to welcome Alyssa the owner of From Campus With Love to my humble abode. 


To start off can you tell us something about yourself?


I'm just your average college freshman just like everyone else I stay up late doing homework and let my room get to the point of almost disaster before I clean it! 

How did you first got involved with blogging?

From what I can remember I always had some interest in blogging and I've had a few blogs in the past. This is the first blog I've really stuck with and been able to grow into a successful site. It takes a lot of trial and error! 

Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why

I wouldn't call myself a "full time blogger", it's more of an activity when I'm taking a break from homework or about to go to bed. For this particular blog I was procrastinating before finals during the fall semester (typical) and decided to start this project, and I'm so glad I did! Now that school is over I've had significantly more time to invest in it.  

What's your strategy with blogging in general?

I just write about what I would want to read. Chances are someone else out there will like it if I like it. Also, I think it's always important to write well and have good grammar because it makes it easy to read the posts and then the reader doesn't even think about it. 

What's the best thing a blogger can tell to his/her readers?

I think you need to just be real with them and not pretend to be someone you're not, because people can see right through that. 

Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post, name yours and why?

That's a tough one! My least favorite is probably just anything without pictures because I'm a visual person and love having that added dimension of the post. My favorite is hard but probably the post "what's in my longchamp -carry on bag". A lot of work when into that post to get the pictures, number it, etc. I also think that as a senior contemplating going to school a plane ride away it would have been really helpful for me. Lastly, it's definitely been one of my most consistently popular posts even though it's old! 

If someone was interested in blogging what would are the few things would you suggest?

I would suggest that you really do your research and take your time before starting. I know on my first try I was too eager to just get the site up and didn't worry about what my angle or story would be, and therefore it was hard to keep up with. I know it's hard, but also finding bloggers like you or that you can learn from helps a ton too! They'll always be there to offer advice or a comment which I have really appreciated. 

Name some of the bloggers who you look up to and why?

Of course there's the College Prepster who I think has inspired a generation of bloggers with her amazingly put together and helpful site. The way she has built such a wide following is something fabulous and I think pretty rare even in the blogging world. Also anyone who's a fashion blogger because it takes a lot of skill to find terrific outfits and then put yourself out there by photographing you in them and posting it for the world to see, I don't think I would be able to do that consistently! 

Go check out Alyssa's blog From Campus With Love!







You May Also Like

0 comments